10 Fundraising Tips
To get started, here are ten easy fundraising steps to get you on the right track:
- Don’t procrastinate. Fundraising shouldn’t be a drag; we make it both rewarding and fun. The sooner you start, the more money you will raise. Stop making excuses and get started now!
- Get Rolling. Your personal fundraising page in your online Participant Center is key to your fundraising success. Your Participant Center will allow you to set up a profile to share your story, accept donations, use email templates to ask for donations and thank supporters, and track your fundraising progress. Check out our Tools and Resources section for images to set up your profile. You can also fundraise on the go with our mobile app. Click here for the IOS version. Click here for the Android vesion. Or search for Anti-Cancer Challenge in the app store to download this free app and start fundraising on the go!
- Identify your supporters. Don’t limit your list to just family and friends, include contacts you see in daily life. Use the Rider Guide or Runner Guide to create a list of contacts to ask. Once you have asked everyone on your list, don't forget to send reminders. Most people need to be asked a few times before they are ready to donate.
- Share your story. If people don’t know what you’re doing, they won’t be able to support you. We have templates ready for you to easily share your story. Include your profile page link in your emails, text messages, Facebook posts, and other social media posts. Let everyone know what you’re doing and why!
- Don’t sweat the ask. You’re not asking for money, you are giving people the opportunity to contribute to something important. Share your goal and why you signed up to dedicate your time and sweat to the Anti-Cancer Challenge. You may be surprised how many people are ready to support you because you asked!
- Know your stuff. Be prepared to answer questions about the Anti-Cancer Challenge. Check out the 10 things you should know about the Anti-Cancer Challenge. Review it so you can share more about your amazing journey.
- Fundraise with Friends. Start a team and bring people together for a great cause. Not only will you raise more money, you will have more fun.
- Capture Matching Gifts. Increase your donations. Check if your supporters have matching funds on our Matching Gift page.
- Get Active. We have over 100 ways to get involved to raise money while having a great time. Your efforts will pay off!
- Don’t forget the thanks! Thank everyone who has shown their support and made a donation. It is fast, easy and important.